Women in Mission
- Women gather each Wednesday to work on projects that meet needs locally and around the world. They also do custom hand quilting and piece and knot comforters.
- Hand quilters prepare a quilt each year for the Ohio Mennonite Relief Sale, which benefits Mennonite Central Committee, a world relief, service and peace agency.
- Prayer quilts are shared with those experiencing illness or a difficult situation.
- Women enjoy support and fellowship as they work together and share the noon meal.
- A member of the Central District Conference of the Mennonite Church and Mennonite Women USA, organizations supporting projects in the U.S. and abroad.
- Women from the community are welcome to participate.
Mission, Peace and Service Committee
- Provides ways for the congregation to be God’s people and God’s hands on earth:
- Contribute monthly to the Harbor of Hope food pantry.
- Provide meals to the Friends of the Homeless each quarter.
- Support local Release Time school program, Mennonite Mission Network, and the meat canning and Penny Power projects of Mennonite Central Committee.
- Supply MCC school kits, hygiene kits, and relief kits regularly.
- Write letters to government officials re: environmental, poverty, and hunger issues.
- Sponsor the local CROP walk for hunger.
- Give clothing to Share-A-Christmas and Job and Family Services through a Christmas basket and Advent mitten tree.
Contact: Jocele Meyer, Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org